There are so many choices for streaming and gaming. CTA research data show half of U.S. households haven’t yet upgraded to a connected 4K Ultra HD TV (4K). Today we’ll look at how to make the most of shorter days and longer nights with a simple upgrade.
A new 4K TV is stunning, even when it’s off, with sizes and features to fit your unique space and budget. But that’s only the start. All new 4K TVs come with a smart platform, guiding easy access to your favorite streaming services.
But what is a 4K TV? It’s four times the pixel resolution and picture quality as an HDTV, which means bigger, more vibrant displays. This lets you get closer to the big screen without the picture looking fuzzy.
A 4K TV is your portal to movies and TV series, streaming sports, music and podcasts, and health and fitness apps. And, of course, no gaming rig is complete without a sharp, fast 4K display.
1. Value: 4K TVs and projectors are available now, in store and online. They’re versatile, high quality, and filled with smart features. You even get a much bigger screen and bang for the buck than a few years ago; plus holiday deals will be here before we know it. Whether you’re streaming or using an antenna, you’ll see non-4K content or DVDs looking better as the TV converts the image to ultra-high definition.
2. Smart TV integration is…smarter. It’s easy to learn and interact with a new TV. Goodbye, confusing menus; user interfaces are smarter, apps pre-loaded and customizable to your preferences, and even the remotes are more intuitive. Many TVs include user learning, AI or voice assistants like Google and Alexa, that control the TV and connect to all the streaming services—without extra wires, boxes or outlet extenders.
3. 4K is now the streaming service standard. With more networks than ever, like Apple TV+, Disney+, Hulu, Netflix, Prime Video, YouTube—most streaming services offer incredible 4K experiences and global content offering the best movies, documentaries and series. New content drops all the time, for example, IGN’s State of Streaming helps you stay current.
4. Whoosh. Immersive video and audio experiences. Better image processing means you won’t miss a thing. And with HDR—high dynamic range, available in several formats such as Dolby Vision, HDR10, HDR10+ and HLG, you’ll see vivid colors and crystal-clear text. Accessibility innovations improve traditional captions and better integrate sign language. A Dolby ATMOS or DTS:X-equipped TV or soundbar gives you an immersive home theater experience right out of the box with no setup.
5. Energy efficiency. TV and home theater energy efficiency improves each year, saving consumers millions of dollars on energy bills as they cut energy use and greenhouse gas emissions. Features like auto brightness control, motion detection with auto power off and low standby consumption help the climate.
Learn more about 4K TVs at your local retailer, online stores, or review sites.